Saturday, October 6, 2007

My legs are shot!

I don't know what is going on, but for the past week or so, my legs have been totally shot. It is everything I can do to keep them turning over at 7:45 pace on runs; my short, nearly flat bike commute is killing them; I have had no power in them on my fixed gear for the past couple of rides. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's not good. I'm hoping to start mixing in some basic weight training next week and up my protein intake - maybe that will help out a bit.

My workouts have been rather infrequent the past week or so. Part of it is a lack of motivation, but part of it is also a lack of time. I'm getting into exams and whatnot in school, and things just seem really busy. Couple that with the lack of motivation, and I'm not getting in the basic steady-state work that I need to be doing.

No comments: