Friday, January 11, 2008

Warm running!

So I'm in Cocoa Beach, Florida for two weeks for work right now. I wasn't all that excited about the trip other than the warm weather, but I'm actually enjoying it a fair bit. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous with plenty of sun and highs around 80 each day.

With no excuses about bad weather I've been getting out for runs nearly every day. My leg has largely been feeling fine, but I'm still planning on seeing the sports med doc when I get back to Madison. What I have discovered is that I've gotten pretty damn slow! Last year down here when I had done similar training over the fall semester I was able to crank out a ten mile run at 7:11 pace - this year I'm working all out to hold that pace for half that distance. I am hoping that my motivation holds once I'm back in the snowy cold north and that my form will start to return fairly quickly. I also ordered a new training swim suit before I left town with the plan of swimming a couple of times a week. We'll see how that goes....

No comments: