Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sorry...

Hey all. Sorry I haven't been keeping things a bit more up to date here. I've been in a bit of a workout funk with the leg injury and I'm back at school now and seem to be constantly pressed for time.

The update on the leg is that it is definitely a stress fracture of the left tibia. I saw my doc on Monday and he confirmed what my trainer thought, but ordered an MRI to ensure that it wasn't anything else like compartment syndrome. I had the MRI on Tuesday, which took forever. Apparently lower legs are not a commonly imaged area and the techs had some problems getting the images they were looking for. Laying on one of those MRI beds for 90 minutes isn't all that comfortable in case you were wondering!

Based on the MRI results my doc thought it would be beneficial to meet with a physical therapist to look at continued training and recovery options. Hopefully we can work out an adequate training plan that still allows me to do the race.

My leg doesn't feel that bad now that I'm not running (actually most of me feels much better without the constant pounding...). There is some dull aching in the leg, especially toward the end of the day, but not bad. I have been hitting the elliptical machines for about an hour a day to keep my aerobic base up, and that doesn't seem to bother the leg. Hopefully I will be able to start adding some running back into the routine pretty soon!

No comments: