Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day!

Hope you are enjoying the unofficial end of summer! I had a nice relaxing weekend of water skiing, tubing, and lounging about at a friend's cabin a couple of hours north of Madison on the Mississippi. It was nice to take it easy before the chaos of school, coaching, and more running really kicks off tomorrow. After a rather slow summer I am definitely ready for things to kick off, but I'm not so fired up about all of my free time disappearing.

Ironman Wisconsin is this coming Sunday, an event that I enjoy watching. Every year that I watch the race I am strongly tempted to enter for the following year, but I haven't done it yet. Part of that is obviously the huge time commitment required to train properly for an event of this length - I don't know that I could do it to the level that I would want to. Being a huge bike geek, I would also want to make a substantial financial investment in a good tri-specific bike and wheels, and I don't currently have $5,000 sitting around to spend on such a machine. With the uneventful summer that I had this year, this would have actually been the year to do the race given that I had tons of time to train. Oh well....

Enjoy the end of summer!

No comments: