Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Holy Goodnight!

Man have I gotten slow! The runs the last few days (and a few over the last few weeks) have averaged in the upper seven minute range, with heart rates in the 160s, which is damn slow, and damn high! When I first started running last winter it was after a period of relatively long inactivity, and my runs were almost immediately in the low sevens with heart rates in the 150s. Why is it that after a relatively active summer with lots of cycling things are so bad with the running? It doesn't really surprise me that my times are off, but I wouldn't have guessed that my heart rates would be so high. Hopefully it will all come back quickly!

On another note, I was supposed to do a ride of portions of the Ironman course today with Jim Vance, one of the top triathlon pros in the country. Unfortunately he had major airline issues yesterday, and although he finally arrived, his bike did not. We may get a ride in tomorrow, but that hasn't been sorted out yet. While I'm worried about how painfully hard I will have to ride to keep up with Jim on an easy day, it would be cool to get out with someone at the top of their sport.

No comments: