Thursday, March 15, 2007

Chasing Leperchauns!

For my workout this Saturday I will be racing in the Shamrock Shuffle 10k a few blocks from my home. This will be the fist running race I have done in over a decade. My training plan doesn't call for racing any 10k's for a few more weeks, but this one is right here, and I'm supposed to run eight miles that day anyway, so it should be perfect with the warm up and cool down thrown in. I'm really not sure what I can do for the race as I haven't been doing any speed training with that sort of distance, but going under 40' would be nice - I think that is around a 6:30 pace.

On another note, my wonderful espresso machine arrived back from some warranty work today after a ten week absence. I am very excited to get her fired up again and restore a proper caffeine balance to my life!

1 comment:

monkey's uncle e said...

Wow, That is a lot of work time for the espresso. For somebody on a tight schedule, there seems to be a lot of set up and clean up time associated with the espresso machine. I understand, because I love my coffee, but that seems like a heckuva lot of work. But maybe I need to try the finished product...

What time is the Shamrock run? We have practice tomorrow. But look for one of my kids. I'd like to know if she actually goes.