Sunday, February 4, 2007

Baby, it's cold outside!

So if you live anywhere in the middle portion of the country, you have probably noticed that it is pretty chilly outside. And when I say "pretty chilly," I mean so cold that there is a half inch of ice on the inside of my window frames right now! Today it didn't make it above zero, and with the wind blowing at 20 to 25 miles per hour, it was a bit too brisk for me to get out for my run. As the weather man said tonight, "The air sitting over the Midwest right now is colder than the air mass above the north pole."

I don't mind running down to about ten below zero, you just have to dress properly for it. The problem arises when it is that cold and the wind is blowing - the wind chill is horrendous! Running one direction you will be freezing, and then you turn a corner and start sweating, then it's around another corner and all of that sweat starts freezing up on you. Not cool.

It looks like tomorrow will be the last really cold day, then we are supposed to be back into positive temperatures. I expect to get out tomorrow, but that could change if it is bitter enough!

1 comment:

Cory&Heather said...

Yeah, I hear ya bud. I was pretty cold this morning on my run. It got all the way down to 50. I tried telling you not to leave SD....