Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm a dork!


In preparation for my long run today, I went out an became a full on running-dork by buying a Fuel Belt. I went for the Endurance 4-Bottle Belt as the capacity looked good to me. I've never been able to eat or drink while running, something about putting stuff into my stomach and then shaking it up and down for a while tends to lead to... ummm... "intestinal distress." However, my runs are reaching a point where I need hydration on them, and I also know that in the marathon I will have to consume in the area of 800 - 1000 calories, so I figured I should start practicing that now.

During the race I will be using the on-the-course aid stations, so I am beginning to train with the products they will have: GU and Gatorade Endurance Formula. Exact calculations on what I need on the course will be made later, but for today I will start out with a couple of gels, 14oz. of water, and 14oz. of Gatorade with me - we'll see how it goes!

No comments: