Sunday, February 4, 2007

What am I doing here?


I don't like running. I really don't. Cycling is my main sport, and is what I really enjoy, but I have a couple of problems: first, I'm in grad school full time, and I don't have time for getting out on my bike, and second, I live in Madison, Wisconsin, which might as well be Antarctica right now. So I'm running instead.

Because I don't like running I need some incentives to keep me doing it. I slipped horribly out of shape last semester, and I am determined to get back to at least reasonable level of fitness. To help keep me motivated I will be running the Sunburst Marathon in South Bend, Indiana, on June 2. If I don't train properly for this event it could be one of the most miserable experiences of my life. I am also hoping that posting to this blog and knowing that some people (probably very few people) will be watching my progress will help keep me motivated. So check back in, see how I'm doing, and if my race turns out to be a great experience, or a morning of agony!

No comments: