Sunday, February 11, 2007

I'm usually pretty healthy...

but I've been dying for the past two weeks. Not literally, of course, but a couple of times I thought I might be coming close. I came down with a cough a little over two weeks ago. Being prime cold season and with the weather having made a dramatic shift to arctic conditions, I figured it was just a cold coming on. But the cough kept getting worse, and wouldn't go away. It slowly progressed from a dry and painful cough, to a wetter (gross, I know), uncontrollable choking cough that would erupt for no reason after hours without coughing. Last week I finally dragged myself in to see the doctor, who couldn't come up with anything. He gave me the option of going on antibiotics in case it stemmed from a sinus infection, but he didn't think it was necessary. Being ready to try anything, I opted for the antibiotics, and am now in the midst of a ten day course of amoxicillin. Something better work!

You may notice that I missed yesterday's six mile run, and it was because I was coughing so much. I'm a little concerned about tomorrow's fourteen miler, but I can't miss any long runs at this point, so it will have to get done. It is also supposed to be almost 25 out, so I can't miss out on that balmy weather!

1 comment:

Arcade said...

try 'breathe easy' by yogi teas. open up those lungs.